The Type A Coleman Economic Development Corporation (“CEDC”) and Type B Coleman Community Coalition (“CCC”) Board of Directors will meet in joint session on Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of City Hall, 200 West Liveoak, Coleman, Texas.
All agenda items are for possible discussion and action. The Board may vote and/or act on each of the items listed in this agenda. One agenda item will be discussed at a time, in the order determined by the Chair, unless logical and practical considerations dictate that similar topics may be discussed together for convenience and efficiency. The CEDC and CCC Board of Directors reserve the right to meet in closed executive session on any of the items listed below when needed and if Title 5, Chapter 551, Code of Government Texas permits, including but not limited to: Government Code Sections 551.071-Consult with Attorney; 551.072-Deliberations on real estate; 551.074-Personnel Matters; 551.087-Economic development.
You can watch the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone at: http://cityofcolemantx.us/meetings/ or https://facebook.com/CityofColemanTX/.
1. Call to order, summons and oath of allegiance
2. Hearing of visitors – Any citizen who wishes to address Council on a subject not on the agenda may do so at this time. The Board cannot deliberate on the items presented under this agenda item. Presentations are subject to three (3) minutes for items not on the agenda. If you wish to speak about an item on the agenda, you will be authorized to speak when the Council takes up the item.
- There is a time limit of (3) minutes for agenda items. The presiding officer (with the consent of the majority of the Council) may grant an extension. To comply with the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Council respectfully requests that prior to addressing Council, each person submit a speaker request form indicating your name, address and the subject of the presentation. The form can be found at the entrance to the council chamber.
3. Approval of the minutes
- A. Regular monthly meeting of the CEDC Board of Directors and CCC held on May 17, 2022.
4. Financial Report
- A. Review of CDEC and CCC financial reports by Sandra Rose, CPA
5. Public Hearing – Pursuant to Section 505.159 of the Texas Local Gov’t Code, the Board may hold a public hearing on 3 projects:
- To provide funds to Newberg Industrial Investment, Inc. for a 7-year performance-based agreement to be split equally between CEDC Type A and CCC Type B for $172,200.00.
- To provide funds of up to $2,666.66 from CEDC Type A and CCC Type B to help cover grant matching and additional expenses for the Boat Dock at Memory Lake.
- Provide a matching grant of up to $5,000.00 to apply for the RED (Rural Economic Development) Planning Grant.
6. New Business
A. Consider, discuss or take action to provide funds to Newberg Industrial Investment, Inc. for a 7-year performance-based agreement to be shared equally between Tye A CEDC and Type B CCC for 172,200 $.00.
B. Consider, discuss and/or take action to provide funds up to $2,666.66 from CEDC Type A and CCC Type B to help cover grant matching and additional wharf expenses from boat to Memory Lake.
C. Consider, discuss and/or take action to provide a matching grant of up to $5,000.00 to apply for the RED (Rural Economic Development) Planning Grant. The grant is funded by TDA and is intended to be proactive in creating an opportunity for economic growth, and is not a development incentive for potential business location decisions. Once the plan is created, TDA will work with the City of Coleman/CEDC/CCC to develop and fund a non-competitive grant to implement one or more projects identified by the plan. During the current year, the TDA will offer a pilot program to explore the criteria for an effective program.
D. Consider, discuss, and/or take action to approve registration for the ARCIT conference October 25-27, 2022 in Boerne and split the $345.00 early registration fee between CEDC and CCC.
E. Consider, discuss and/or take action to approve the renewal of the annual zactax subscription and services with a fee of $1,500.00 to be paid by each CEDC and CCC Board of Directors.
F. Review, discuss and/or act on a request from Mike Wallen for improvements to the Coleman Filtration building located at 701 Airport Road.
G. Review, discuss and/or take action on existing projects being assessed for compliance and review staffing.
7. Directors Report – Project Updates, Sales Tax, TEDC Training